Roofing Felt Birmingham
Every roof has a limited lifespan, and one day you have to replace it. Old felt roofing could let water through and cause damages such as leaking. Stomic Roofing protects your roof from all types of damages like leakage. It is like tar paper, lines between house and final layer of roofing material. It is an extra layer of protection for your roof from outer effecting elements, especially if you live in damp climates and a place with plenty of difficult weather conditions. In such areas, installing a Roofing Felt Birmingham isn’t a bad idea. It is sold in massive roles and made up of polyester or water-absorbing material that soaks water and works as a waterproofing agent.
Felt roofs consist of two or three sheets to provide extra protection. These sheets are made of organic or synthetic fiber to absorb water and coated with tar, a waterproofing agent, or bitumen that prevents damages to the roof because of moisture. The roofing felt system is composed of several for a fully waterproof roof.
SEND US FREE QUOTE
CALL US NOW
SEND US FREE QUOTE
There are several methods for installing a felt roof system, and all depends upon some factors like weather so that a modern man can establish a perfect felt roof according to his need and ease.
Pour and roll technique:
It is a technique in which hot bitumen is rolled in front of felts. The hot and sticky bitumen is poured down to provide a bead of molten bitumen across the felt in the pour and roll technique. This technique helps fill voids, and after the provision of cold, it seals all the joints at the laps.
It is a method in which felt is heated with a gas torch, and no bitumen is required. This technique is for small, medium roofs and in the flat roof where access to the roof is challenging and has to repair by the fusion of old and new material. Torching-On is not suitable for creating direct bonds, such as with wood.
In this process, a cold adhesive is used for sealing laps and gaps by rolling cold adhesive on the roof.
Self-Adhesive membranes provide a high-tack adhesive with a release paper. In a correct position on the roof, the paper is peeled off to stick the base’s membrane. This process is done by applying pressure for complete adhesion. They are used for houses, flat extensions, garages, and dog houses.
Felt roofs also require surface protection to prevent damages from UV rays, human traffic, etc.
Advantages and Benefits of Felt Roofing:
- Different methods and techniques are available, so you choose one for yourself.
- Suitable for elaborate details.
- Suitable for all types of surfaces; flat, curved, etc.
- Suitable for foot traffic.
- Not prone to wind and peel.
- Durable material.
- Flat roof covering can be created seamlessly.
- Can handle new products and technologies.
- High-quality material is used for establishing standards.
- Applicable to all small and large roofs.
- A proven roof system.
- Comfortable in cutting and joining for any place.
- Easily Repairable.
- Cheap roofing option available.
- It is very lightweight.
Roof Covering options include:
Roof covering option includes the following materials
- Porous concrete.
- Fibre cement.
- Concrete slabs.
- Paving stones.
Why using roofing felt paper?
Adding an extra layer of protection is always a good idea, and a layer of wood or any other material can provide additional protection to your roof and make it long-lasting.
- It repels water.
- It provides backup protection in case of snow or any water damage.
- It provides extra water protection.
- It is also necessary for meeting a Class A fire rating.
- It protects the roof deck while you are working on it.
- It improves the look.
- It prevents wood resin stains.